Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana- MJPJAY (Complete Guide)
The Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana (MJPJAY) is one of the most important flagship health insurance schemes in the State of Maharashtra. The MJPJAY Scheme was launched by The State Government of Maharashtra in 2012, with the aim of providing free medical care to the underprivileged in the State of Maharashtra.
MJPJAY provides health care coverage up to a sum assured of ₹1,50,000 for eligible people. Let us now discuss about some of the most important aspects of MJPJAY, such as:
- Features and benefits
- List of diseases covered
- How to apply for MJPJAY
Features and benefits
- The Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana (MJPJAY) was introduced with the objective to provide good quality health insurance coverage to the poor and underprivileged people in Maharashtra.
- Under this scheme, eligible personal can avail completely free health care treatment up to a sum of ₹1,50,000.
- Pre-existing diseases and disorders are covered under this scheme from the 1st day itself.
- Both, diagnostics as well as surgical intervention is covered under MJPJAY.
- The scheme beneficiary will have the choice to either get admitted in a government hospital or a private hospital (will have to be empaneled.) The choice remains with the scheme beneficiary.
- Most major diseases, disorders, and conditions are covered under this scheme.
- Further, there is a list of surgeries that will only be conducted at government authorized hospitals. Apart from these surgeries, the beneficiary is free to choose his hospital.
- Both individual as well as family floater options can be availed under this scheme.
This scheme can be availed by anyone that matches all the below criteria:
- A person/family living in a distressed area of Maharashtra
- A person having a Ration Card, Annapurna Card, and Antyodaya Anna Yojana Card (AAY)
Even farmers that belong to distressed areas can apply under this scheme.
List of diseases covered
Let us now list some of the major diseases covered under MJPJAY:
- Craniological diseases
- General surgery
- Opthamology Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Plastic Surgery
- Infectious Disease
- Neurological disorders
- Refractory Cardiac Failure
- Renal Angioplasty
- Snake Bite Requiring Ventilator Support
- Tb Tympanoplasty
- Severe anemia
Here is a complete list of all covered diseases.
How to apply for MJPJAY and get The MJPJAY Card?
- Visit your nearest government hospital (has to be a network hospital) and ask to speak with an Arogyamitra. An Arogyamitra is a person that will assist you in enrolling under The MJPJAY scheme and getting your MJPJAY Health Card.
- Submit the requested documents to your Arogyamitra.
- Once your documents are submitted and approved by your Arogyamitra, your health card will be disbursed to you.
- You can now use this health card at any network hospital while availing treatment.