Niramaya Health Insurance Scheme (Enrolment, Benefits and Coverage)
The Niramaya Health Insurance Scheme is a health scheme floated by The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan). Under this scheme, people having disabilities like autism, mental retardation, cerebral palsy, and certain other mental disorders can avail health insurance coverage up to Rs.1 Lakh.
We will talk about some of the most important aspects of The The Niramaya Health Insurance Scheme like:
- Benefits of the scheme
- Scheme coverage
- How to enroll under the scheme?
- Who is eligible for this scheme?
Benefits of the scheme
- The Niramaya Health Insurance Scheme provides health insurance coverage to people with mental disabilities. The importance of this cannot be underestimated as private health insurance companies generally do not extend their services to people with mental disorders. Affordable and good quality healthcare is their right also.
- The scheme provides a health insurance coverage of Rs.1 Lakh. Although at this time of rising medical inflation, a coverage of just 1 Lakh could be considered quite less, but some coverage is better than no coverage.
- This is a nationwide scheme.
- Eligible people do not need to undergo any medical check-up in order to enroll under this scheme.
- This scheme provides pre and post hospitalization coverage.
The scheme covers the following:
- Hospitalization that results in surgery
- Non-surgical hospitalization
- Out Patient Treatment (OPD)
- Medical check-up
- Dental treatment
- Ambulance costs
- Alternative medicine
You should also check the limits and sub-limits of coverage below:
How to enroll under the scheme?
1.) Visit the official Niramaya Health Insurance Scheme online page
Choose your preferred search engine and search for the official Niramaya Scheme website. The website should look like the above image. Once on the website, click on the “Download” button.
2.) Download the enrolment form
Once on the download page, click on “Download Enrolment Form.”
3.) Fill-up the form and submit it
- Download the enrolment form, read it properly, find out what kind of documents and details are required, then fill-up the form.
- Take a hard-copy of the filled-up form and submit to your nearest registered office of The National Trust.
4.) Get your application ID
Once your documents are vetted, The National Trust will issue you an application ID. If your application is approved, you can now download your Nirmaya E-card from the online portal.
5.) Click on “Download Niramaya E-card of the beneficiary”
To download your E-card, click on “Download Nirmaya E-card of the beneficiary.”
6.) Click on the “Nirmaya Card” tab
7.) Enter your application number and download E-card
Enter your application number and click on “Download.” If your application is approved, your Nirmaya E-card will be downloaded on your system. You can then use your E-card as and when required.
Who is eligible for this scheme?
All Persons With Disabilities (PwDs) are eligible under the Niramaya Scheme. All they have to do is fill-up the application form and pay a registration fee.
Are you looking for a new insurance policy or a policy renewal? Reach out to us and let us assist you.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, both OPD as well as actual hospitalizations are covered under this scheme
Yes, medical check ups are covered under the scheme.
Niramaya means healthy and disease free.