Oriental Health Insurance (Plans, Benefits, and more)
About the company
- The Oriental Insurance Company was established in 1947, the year of independence. The company was initially a subsidy of the General Insurance Corporation of India until 2003, when it separated itself from the parent company and was set up as an independent insurance company.
- Oriental Insurance Company, headquartered in New Delhi, currently has over 1800 branches and offices across the country and employs over 13,000 people. The company also operates in Nepal, Kuwait, and Dubai.
- Oriental Insurance offers a suite of insurance products like the unique Corona Kavach Policy, the overseas Mediclam Policy, the family floater health insurance policy, the Arogya Sanjeevni Policy, motor insurance, and travel insurance plans, among others.
- The company had a robust claim settlement ratio of 93.96% in FY 2019–2020.
Highlights of the company
Oriental Health Insurance
Claim settlement Ratio
93.96% FY 2019-2020
Incurred Claim Ratio
Types of health insurance plans offered by Oriental Health Insurance
Here are the 15 types of plans offered by the Oriental Insurance Company.
Happy Family Floater Policy
This is a family floater plan that covers you and your family under a single policy. You can cover yourself, legally wedded spouse, dependent children and parents.
Mediclaim Insurance Policy (Individual)
This is a health insurance plan which offers extensive coverage to the insured that safeguards them from hospital related expenditure incurred due to any sickness, illness or any injury
Oriental Royal Mediclaim PNB
This plan is only available for account holders of Punjab and National Bank, with the purpose to safeguard them from medically related expense at a affordable premium.
Oriental Mediclaim Policy- OBC
This plan is available for account holders of Oriental Bank of Commerce,to provide them essential healthcare coverage at a low premium cost.
This particular plans is in 3 variants One account one policy,one person one policy and multiple accounts- one policy.
Oriental Mediclaim Insurance Policy (Group)
Oriental’s Mediclaim insurance policy is programmed to offer comprehensive coverage against hospitalization expense.
This plan can be purchased by any members of corporate group, Organization or company
Oriental Happy Cash-Nischint
This is a cash benefit plan which provides daily cash to the insured during hospitalization.
Oriental Super Health Top-up
This plan is a Super Top-Up plan which will come into action after you have exhausted the coverage of your base health insurance policy.
Super Health Top-up comes with wide range of sum insured with flexible sum deductible option.
Pravasi Bharatiya Bima Yojan
This policy is made for Indian emigrants working in abroad. This plan provides accidental death and disability coverage to the insured while working overseas
Health of Privileged Elders
This is a health Insurance plan exclusively for senior citizens,offering them coverage for specified illnesses and conditions. Individuals above the age of 60 can purchase this policy.
Arogya Sanjeevani Policy-Oriental
Arogya Sanjeevani policy provides standard health coverage at a affordable premium.
This plan covers in patient hospitalization and multiple listed modern and advanced treatments.
This plan is available on individual or Family floater sum insured basis.
Overseas Mediclaim Policy (E&S)
This plan is an ideal plan for individual who travel abroad for education or employment.
It covers Covers medical expenses in case of an accident or illness abroad.
Jan Arogya Bima Policy
The aim of this plan is to provide standard health coverage to weaker sections of the society at affordable premium rate. The plan covers basic and necessary hospital expenditure incurred in the treatment of any illness or accident
Oriental Dengue Kavach
This is a benefit based policy,which provides lump sum payout of 100% sum insured when the insured is positively diagnosed with Dengue fever.
Oriental Critical Illness Policy
Under this the insured will receive 100% lump sum benefit on his first diagnosis of any of the specified life threatening illnesses or conditions specified in the policy.
This policy comes in 2 variants – Plan A and Plan B
Corona Kavach and Group Corona Kavach
This policy covers all medical and hospital expenditure incurred in the treatment of COVID-19.
Why should you select a health insurance policy from Oriental Health Insurance?
Here are a few reasons why you could choose to buy health insurance plans from Oriental Health Insurance.
- Robust settlement ratio: the company has a robust claim settlement ratio of 93.96%, which signifies that the company is very supportive and efficient in settling legitimate claims without depriving the customers of their rights.
- Network Hospitals: The company has a solid network of more than 4500 hospitals associated with them, where you can avail hassle-free cashless treatment without worrying to pay the hospital bills from your own pocket.
- Affordability: Oriental Insurance Company offers plans that provide you with extensive coverage and many other valuable benefits at a very affordable premium.
- Portability Feature: All plans offered by the company come with a portability feature, which means that you can easily switch to another plan with another health insurance company in case you are not satisfied.
Some Key Features of Oriental Health Insurance
- Comprehensive Coverage: The plans offered by the company provide comprehensive coverage, protecting you from expenses related to inpatient hospitalization, daycare procedures, pre and post-hospitalization, domiciliary treatments, and much more.
- Cumulative Bonus: Many plans offered by the company provide you with the benefit of a cumulative bonus, which increases your coverage up to a certain percentage in the event of no claims.
- Reviewability: The plans come with a lifelong renewal option, which means that you can renew the policy without any restrictions or age bar, provided you pay the premium on time.
- Cover Restoration: Various health plans by Oriental Health Insurance come with the benefit of cover restoration. This means that the company will provide you with additional coverage at no cost in case you exceed your sum insured by making a claim during the policy year.
- Tax Benefit: Get a deduction on the health insurance premium paid by you to the company under Sec. 80 of the Income Tax Act of 1961.
- Value Added Benefits: Oriental Insurance plans include numerous value added benefits such as maternity and new-born baby coverage, daily cash benefit, convalescence benefit, personal accident and disability coverage, and so on.
How do I purchase Oriental Health Insurance policies?
Follow the easy steps provided to buy Oriental Health Insurance Plans online.
Step 1: Visit the company’s official website (www.https://orientalinsurance.org.in/).
Step 2: Click on the “Buy Online” tab and select the health policy you wish to purchase.
Step 3: Fill out all the details accurately, and then click Calculate Premium.
Step 4: Once again, check all the details and make the premium payment.
Step 5: Once the premium is paid, your policy will be generated instantly within 10-15 minutes, and soft copies of the policy document will be sent to the registered email address.
- You can also purchase the policy by visiting the nearest branch of the company
- You can also contact the customer care executive on their toll-free number: 1800-118485 or 011-33208485.
How to File a Claim with Oriental Health Insurance
A health insurance claim can be filed in two ways: cashless claim settlement and reimbursement claim.
cashless claim settlement
When you are admitted to a company network hospital, you can file for a cashless claim settlement.
Here are a few steps that you can follow to file for cashless claim settlement:
- Step 1: Inform the company 72 hours before in the case of a planned hospitalization or within 24 hours in the case of an emergency hospitalization.
- Step 2: Completely fill out and submit the pre-authorization form to the hospital, along with the health card and photo ID proofs.
- Step 3: The hospital will send your pre-authorization claim form and other documents to the company to initiate the cashless treatment process.
- Step 4: The company will further assess your claim with the terms and conditions of the policy and intimate their decision to the hospital.
- Step 5: Once the company is satisfied with their investigation and gives the hospital the green light, you can begin receiving cashless treatment.
- Step 6: In the event that the company rejects your claim. The reasons for this will be provided to you in writing.
Reimbursement claim settlement with Oriental Health Insurance
When you are admitted to a company non-network hospital, you must file a reimbursement claim.
Follow the steps provided by us to file a reimbursement claim with Oriental Health Insurance.
- Step 1: Inform the company 72 hours before a planned hospitalization or within 24 hours in case of an emergency hospitalization.
- Step 2: After your discharge, get the reimbursement claim form from the company. You can simply do so by visiting their website and downloading the form there.
- Step 3: Completely fill out the claim form and submit it to the company or its third-party administrator with all the required documents to initiate the claim process.
- Step 4: Once you have submitted all the necessary documents, the insurance company will verify your request with your policy benefits.
- Step 5: Once the company has assessed your claim, The reimbursement amount will be deposited directly into your linked bank account.
Note: The policyholder or his or her relatives need to submit the duly filled claim form along with the necessary documents to the insurance company within 15 days from the date of discharge.
Documents required to file a claim:
- A dully filled and signed pre-authorization claim form
- Photo identification proof
- All original bills, reports, and receipts
- All original test reports, scans, diagnoses,x-rays,ECG,MRI,etc
- Original chemist and pharmacy bills, receipts, and prescriptions
- Original doctors’ certificates, surgeons’ reports, etc.
- FIR (if applicable)
- Death certificate (if applicable)
Renewal Process for Oriental Health Insurance
You can easily renew your health insurance policy with Oriental Health Insurance online with the following steps provided by us:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of the company.
- Step 2: Click on the “Renew” tab.
- Step 3: Enter your existing policy number and policy details.
- Step 4: Click on “Renew Now” and verify your policy premium.
- Step 5: Review your premium and any no-claim bonus to be credited, if any, and pay your premium online.
- Step 6: Once you have made the payment, you will receive a confirmation email along with the premium receipt at your registered email address.
Offline Renewal Process
You can visit the nearest branch of Oriental Insurance Company to renew your policy, or you can also get in touch with their customer care executive at Toll Free: 1800-118485 or 011-33208485 and state your request.
How to Calculate the Premium for Oriental Health Insurance
You can now easily calculate your Oriental Health Insurance premium online by using the calculator available online and providing certain details.
- Choose whether you want to purchase a health plan on an individual or family floater basis.
- Select your sum insured.
- Number of individuals to be insured
- Age, name, mobile number, email address, and other details
- Pan-India coverage (if requested).
- Medical history (if any)
Your premium will be displayed immediately after you enter these details into the calculator.