How Oriental Insurance’s Corona Kavach Policy Can Protect You from COVID-19
Corona Kavach by Oriental Insurance is a robust health policy that will protect you and your loved ones against the financial burden arising from COVID-19. In this article, let us show you how this health insurance policy is suitable to fulfill the health requirements of you and your family members. In this article we will talk about the following:-
- What is covered under the Oriental Corona Kavach policy?
- Key features of Oriental Corona Kavach Policy
- What are the exclusions under the Oriental Corona Kavach policy?
- Oriental Corona Kavach claim settlement procedure
- Oriental Corona Kavach policy eligibility
- Oriental Corona Kavach frequently asked questions (FAQs)
What is covered under the Oriental Corona Kavach policy?
Below given are the general inclusions that will be covered or paid for under this policy:-
- Hospitalization expenses: Oriental’s Corona Kavach plan covers hospitalization expenses of in-patient care arising due to COVID-19. Hospitalization expenses like room, bed charges, nursing, doctor’s fees, etc will also be covered under the policy.
- Intensive care: This policy covers all Intensive Care Unit (ICU), and Intensive Cardiac Care Unit (ICCU) expenses.
- Homecare treatment expenses: The plan also covers home care treatment of the policyholder suffering from COVID-19 up to the sum insured for 14 days. Diagnostic tests, doctor’s consultation fees, nursing charges, prescribed medicines, etc are covered under the plan. This plan also pays for medical equipment like PPE kits, oxygen cylinders, pulse oximeters, nebulizers, and so on.
- AYUSH coverage: Alternative treatments like AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy) are covered up to the sum insured limit under the policy.
- Pre and Post hospitalization: Oriental’s Corona Kavach policy covers 15 days of pre-hospitalization and 30 days of post-hospitalization expenses.
- Ambulance charges: The policy also pays for road ambulance charges for transferring the patient to the hospital up to Rs 2000 per hospitalization.
- Daily cash optional benefit: This plan also offers a daily cash benefit as an optional rider which provides extra cushion to the policyholder during a financial crisis. Under this optional rider, the policyholder will receive 0.5% of the sum assured as a daily cash payout during hospitalization.
- Co-Morbidity coverage: This plan also covers any pre-existing conditions suffered by the policyholder in conjunction with COVID-19. All medical tests, procedures, treatment, etc of the existing medical ailment triggered by COVID-19 shall be covered up to the sum insured.
Key features of Oriental Corona Kavach Policy
Below given are some important key features of Oriental’s Corona Kavach Policy.
- Sum insured limit: Oriental’s Corona Kavach policy provides a wide range of sum insured options starting from Rs 50,000 up to Rs 5 lacs.
- Family floater benefit: The company also offers the option to avail of a family floater benefit under which all the members of the family can be protected against COVID-19 under a single policy.
- Policy tenure: This plan has a tenure of three and half months (3 ½ months), six and half months (6 ½ months), and nine and half months (9 ½ months).
- Waiting period: This policy has a waiting period of 15 days after which it shall cover hospitalization and medical expenses for COVID-19.
What are the exclusions under the Oriental Corona Kavach policy?
Below provided are a few general exclusions under the Corona Kavach policy:-
- Experimental/Unproven treatments: Any unproven treatments or experimental procedures that lack medical authentication to prove their effectiveness will not be covered. However, treatments authorized by the government only shall be covered under this policy.
- Cosmetic procedures: Any cosmetic procedures or surgeries shall not be covered under the policy.
- Dietary supplements: Any dietary supplements purchased without a doctor’s prescription will not be covered under this policy. However, multivitamins and mineral supplements prescribed by the doctor shall be covered.
- Treatment outside India: Any treatment availed outside the geographical limit of India will not be covered.
- Investigation and evaluation tests: Expenses related to any admission primarily for diagnostics and evaluation purposes will not be liable to be paid by the company. Any diagnostic expenses which are not related or not incidental to the current diagnosis and treatment shall not be covered under this policy.
What is Oriental’s Corona Kavach claim settlement procedure
There are two ways the policyholder can file for a claim with Oriental Health Insurance I.e the Cashless claim and reimbursement claim.
For cashless claim
Follow these simple steps laid down for availing cashless treatment:
- Step 1– The policyholder can avail of cashless treatment when admitted to a network hospital of the company. In case of an emergency inform the insurance company within 24 hours of hospitalization or 72 hours prior to planned hospitalization.
- Step 2– You will have to duly fill out the claim form available at the hospital and submit it to the TPA department at the network hospital.
- Step 3– The insurance company will verify all the information and after thorough verification, the company will approve your cashless claim request.
- Step 4– In case your cashless claim request is not approved by the company due to reasons like unsatisfactory submission of documents, etc, you can avail of the treatment and then apply for reimbursement of the hospital bills from the insurer.
For reimbursement claim
The policyholder will have to avail of a reimbursement claim when admitted to a non-network hospital.
Follow these steps to avail of a reimbursement claim
- Step 1:- In case of an emergency inform the insurance company within 24 hours of hospitalization or within 72 hours prior to planned hospitalization.
- Step 2:- Submit all the required documents to the company within 15 days of the discharge date to initiate the claim process.
- Step 3: The insurance company will then evaluate the claim’s authenticity.
- Step 4: Once all the supporting documents relating to the claim are proven authentic, the claim will be accepted and the amount shall be reimbursed to the policyholder.
Documents to be submitted for claim
Submit the following documents within 15 days from the date of discharge to the company to initiate the reimbursement claim process.
- Dully signed and filled authorization form
- All original medical bills, prescriptions, receipts, reports, etc
- Original copy of medical reports like x-ray, scans, etc.
- Photo identification proofs
- Discharge summary
- Death certificate ( if applicable)
- FIR ( if application)
Oriental Corona Kavach policy eligibility criteria
Individuals between the age groups of 18 years and 65 years can opt for Oriental’s Corona Kavach plan. However, under the family floater plan dependent children from day 1 up to 18 years of age shall be covered.