New India Yuva Bharat Health Policy (Complete Details)
New India Assurance Yuva Bharat Health Policy by New India Assurance aims to provide affordable and accessible healthcare to India’s youth. From covering injuries arising from adventurous sports to maternity expenses. Yuva Bharat Health Policy is an affordable healthcare plan for young people that provides access to quality healthcare without worrying about financial burden. In this article, we will talk about the following:
- About the Plan
- Benefits of Yuva Bharat Health Policy
- Key Features of Yuva Bharat Health Policy
- Exclusions under Yuva Bharat Health Policy
- Premium Chart of Yuva Bharat Health Policy
About the Plan
Yuva Bharat Health Policy by New India Assurance is an extensive health insurance policy for young people between the ages of 18 and 45. This policy offers coverage for hospitalisation expenses, pre- and post-hospitalisation costs, AYUSH, and advanced treatments arising out of any illnesses or accidents.
This plan also covers maternity expenses, road ambulance charges, injuries due to adventurous sports, and much more. The sum insured options available under this policy start at ₹ 5 Lac up to ₹ 50 Lacs. The policy comes in three types of variants: Base Plan, Gold Plan and Platinum Plan.
Benefits under the policy will vary according to the plan selected by the policyholder. You can choose to cover up to six family members under family floater basis. This policy can also be purchased on an individual coverage basis.
Benefits of Yuva Bharat Health Policy
Below are a few benefits provided under the Base Plan:
- Hospitalisation Coverage: This plan covers all hospitalisation expenses incurred by the policyholder due to any illnesses or accidents.
- Hospital Cash: This policy will provide a daily cash allowance starting from ₹ 500 up to ₹ 1000 for a period of five days during hospitalisation.
- Ambulance Charges: This policy will reimburse ambulance expenses starting at ₹ 5000 up to ₹ 10,000, depending on the sum insured.
- Injury due to Adventurous Sports: Any injury suffered due to adventurous sports like paragliding, bungee jumping, etc. will be covered under the plan.
- Pre/Post Hospitalisation: This policy covers 60-day pre and 90-day post-hospitalisation expenses incurred by the policyholder.
- AYUSH Coverage: This plan covers the cost of alternative treatments like Ayurveda, Unnani, Siddha, etc. up to the sum insured limit.
Benefits under the Gold Plan
In addition to the base policy coverage, the following benefits will be provided under the Gold Plan:
- Personal Accident Coverage: The policyholder or the beneficiaries under the policy will be financially compensated in case of death or injury sustained due to an accident. The insurer will also financially compensate in the event of any permanent disability due to an accident.
- Air Ambulance Coverage: Under the Gold Plan, air ambulance charges will be covered starting from ₹ 50,000 up to a maximum of ₹ 1,00,000, depending on the sum insured.
- 10% Auto Recharge: 10% sum restoration benefit, which automatically reinstates the sum insured for the treatment of the same illness once during the policy period. This feature will be applicable in cases where the policyholder has exhausted the base sum limit due to previous hospitalisations.
- Critical Care Benefit: The company will provide a lump sum payout in case the policyholder is diagnosed with any of the life-threatening illnesses mentioned under the policy. The amount payable will range from ₹ 1,00,000 up to ₹ 250,000 depending on the sum insured selected.
Benefits under Platinum Plan
In addition to the benefits of Base Plan and Gold Plan, the following benefits will be provided under Platinum Plan:
- Maternity Coverage: Under the platinum plan, hospitalisation expenses arising out of maternity related treatment will be covered up to ₹ 25,000 in the case of a single baby. Maternity expenses will be covered up to ₹ 37,500 in the case of twin babies.
- Infertility Treatment Coverage: Under this plan, the cost of infertility treatments will be covered from ₹ 50,000 up to ₹ 1,00,000, depending on the sum insured selected.
- Birth Right Cover: In case the new born baby is diagnosed as suffering from any of the specified illnesses, like autism or down syndrome, a lump sum payout will be payable by the insurer.
- Vaccination Coverage: Under this plan, the vaccination expenses of the new born child will be covered up to 0.1% of the sum insured for up to two years.
Features of Yuva Bharat Health Policy
Below are a few key features of this policy:
- Waiting Period: Any pre-existing illnesses or conditions suffered by the policyholder will be covered after a waiting period of 24 months.
- Lifelong Renewal: This policy comes with a lifelong renewability option, which means the policyholder can renew their policy without any restriction on age.
- Specified Illness: The cost of illnesses like cataract, hernia, etc. specified under the policy will be covered after a waiting period of 12 months.
- No Mandatory Check-up: A medical check-up is not compulsory before purchasing the policy.
- Add on Cover: Optional add on cover options, such as Enhance Maternity Limit Cover, is available for better coverage.
- Eligibility Criteria: Adult individuals starting from 18 years old to 45 years old can purchase this policy. Dependant children starting from 91 days to 25 years can opt for this plan.
- Discounts: The company offers a 10% discount on maintaining healthy parameters of BMI, blood sugar, and blood pressure readings. The company also offers a floater discount of 10% for insuring all your family members under one policy.
Exclusions under Yuva Bharat Health Policy
Following are the general exclusions mentioned under this policy:
- Obesity treatments and procedures
- Cosmetic treatments and surgery
- Sex change treatments
- Unproven/Experimental treatments
Premium Chart of Yuva Bharat Health Policy
To help you better understand the sum insured options and their corresponding premiums based on age and location, we have provided a sample premium chart below.
- Zone 1: includes the major cities of India, such as Mumbai, New Delhi, Mumbai Suburdan, Thane, Navi Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, and Surat.
- Zone 2: Rest of India
Premium Chart of Yuva Bharat Health Base Policy ( Zone 1)
Sum insured: ₹ 5 Lakh
Sum Insured: ₹ 10 Lakh
3 – 17 months
31- 35 years
36 -40 years
46- 50 years
51- 55 years
56 – 60 years
61- 65 years
66 years and above
To check out the premium chart for Zone 2 and other covers available under this policy, refer to the policy prospectus.
This article is written by Team InsuranceLiya.com, an independent website that writes about insurance, finance, health, and more. Our writers have a wealth of knowledge, experience, and degrees in the fields of insurance, finance, economics, and beyond.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can choose to cover yourself, your spouse, and your dependent children under this policy. Policyholders can cover up to six members on a family floater basis.
New India Yuva Bharat Health Policy comes in three variants:
Base Plan, Gold Plan, and Platinum Plan..
Free look period of 15 days is available under this policy.
A cumulative bonus ranging from 10% up to 30% is applicable for every claim free year.
Yes, the portability option is available under the policy.