Young India Digi Health Policy by New India Assurance (Guide)
As a young person securing your health and well-being is of utmost importance. With the increasing cost of medical treatments, a health insurance policy can be a wise investment to protect you financially during unforeseen medical emergencies. Young India Digi Health Policy by New India Assurance is one such affordable health plan specially designed to cater to the healthcare needs of young individuals.
In this article, we will talk about the following:
- Young India Digi Health Policy
- Benefits of Young India Digi Health Policy
- Features of Young India Digi Health Policy
- Exclusions under Young India Digi Health Policy
- How to file claim with Young India Digi Health Policy?
- Premium Chart of Young India Digi Health Policy
Young India Digi Health Policy by New India Assurance is a newly launched health insurance policy in the year 2022. This comprehensive health plan is specially designed to cover hospitalisation expenses for young individuals between the ages of 18 and 45. This policy offers a wide range of benefits, like covering in-patient care, pre- and post-hospitalisation expenses, costs of advanced medical treatments, health check-ups, and much more.
Along with offering comprehensive coverage, the plan also offers various advantages to its policyholders, like a 100% sum restoration benefit, a cumulative bonus, coverage for mental illnesses, new-born baby coverage, and more.
The plan comes with two sum insured options, i.e ₹ 4 Lakh and ₹ 8 Lakh, policyholders can choose the coverage based on their preferences. This plan can be purchased on an individual or family floater basis.
Benefits of Young India Digi Health Policy
Below are some benefits provided under this policy:
- Hospitalisation Cover: This plan offers coverage for hospitalisation expenses of the policyholder in case of any illness or accident.
- Pre-Hospitalisation Cover: This plan covers all medical expenses incurred 60 days prior to the date of hospital admission.
- Post-Hospitalisation Cover: This plan covers medical expenses incurred by the policyholder within 90 days from the date of discharge.
- Medical Opinion: The cost of a second medical opinion up to ₹ 5,000 will be payable under the policy. This benefit will only be applicable in the case of a policyholder suffering from any critical illness.
- Newborn Baby Coverage: This plan will provide coverage towards postnatal care, preterm or pre-mature care, or various delivery-related expenses for the new born child.
- Advanced Treatments: This plan also covers multiple advanced treatments and procedures like oral chemotherapy, stem cell therapy, robotic surgeries, etc, up to a specified limit.
- Cataract Coverage: Treatment of cataract will be covered up to 10% of the sum insured, or up to Rs 50,000 for each eye.
- AYUSH Cover: This plan covers the cost of alternative treatments like AYUSH, Unnani, and Ayurveda up to the sum insured limit.
- Hospital Cash Benefit: The insurer will provide a cash allowance up to ₹ 500 during the hospitalisation for a maximum period of 5 days.
- Mental Illness Cover: This plan covers medical expenses incurred in the treatment of mental illnesses or disorders like schizophrenia, epilepsy, etc. The costs of treatment will be covered up to 25% of the sum insured.
- Health Check-up: The policy will reimburse the cost of a health check-up up to ₹ 3500 for every two claim-free years.
- Road Ambulance Cover: This plan reimburses the cost of ambulance charges up to ₹ 5000.
- Dental Cover: The cost of treatment for any dental-related injury or illness requiring hospitalisation will be covered under the policy.
- Organ Transplant Cover: Hospitalisation expenses due to organ transplants will be covered under the plan.
Features of Young India Digi Health Policy
Below are some features of the policy:
- Lifelong Renewal: This plan comes with a lifetime renewability feature that means the policyholder can renew the policy without any restriction on age.
- Automatic Recharge: This plan comes with a 100% sum restoration feature, which automatically reinstates the sum insured in case the policyholder has exhausted the coverage limit due to previous hospitalisation. This feature is applicable in the case of rehospitalisation due to any unrelated illness during the same policy tenure.
- No-Claim Bonus: Young India Digi Health policy comes with a cumulative bonus feature that increases the sum insured by 10% for every claim-free year. The sum insured can be increased up to a maximum of 30% as per the terms of the policy.
- Floater Basis: This policy can be availed on an individual or family floater basis as per the policyholder’s preference. You can choose to cover more than four family members under the family floater cover.
Exclusions under Young India Digi Health Policy
Below are a few exclusions under this policy:
- Waiting Period: Specified illnesses like cataract, hernia, rheumatism, etc. will be covered after a waiting period of 12 months.
- Obesity Treatments: Medical expenses related to the surgical treatment of obesity that do not fulfill certain criteria mentioned under the policy shall not be covered.
- Sex Change Treatments: Any expenses related to the gender or sex change of the policyholder will not be covered under the policy.
- Experimental Treatments: Any unproven or experimental treatments that lack significant medical authentication will not be covered under the plan.
- Infertility Treatments: Any kind of treatment related to infertility or sterilisation like IVF, ZIFT, ICSI, contraception, etc, will not be covered under this policy.
How to file claim with Young India Digi Health Policy?
There are two ways you can file a claim: Cashless and Reimbursement Claim.
You can file a cashless claim when admitted to any of the network hospitals of New India Assurance. Under the cashless facility,medical expenses will be directly borne by the insurer.
Follow these simple steps to file a cashless claim:
- Step 1: Inform the insurer within 24 hours in case of an emergency or 42 hours prior to a planned hospitalisation.
- Step 2: Submit the health card and KYC documents to the TPA department at the hospital.
- Step 3: Also, duly fill out and submit the pre-authorization claim form along with other relevant documents to the TPA department.
- Step 4: The insurer will verify all the documents to initiate the cashless claim.
- Step 5: After thorough authentication of the claim, your cashless request will be approved.
You will have to file a reimbursement claim when admitted to a non-network hospital. You will have to initially pay the hospital bill out of your own pocket and then file for reimbursement with the insurance company.
- Step 1: Inform the insurance company immediately in case of any hospitalisation.
- Step 2: Post-discharge, submit all the relevant documents, like hospital bills, reports, etc., for reimbursement of the bill.
- Step 3: The insurer will verify all the documents. After thorough verification of the claim, the insurer will reimburse the claim amount directly to the linked bank account.
- Original discharge summary
- Medical bills, prescriptions, and reports
- Dully signed and filled-out claim form
- Death certificate (if applicable)
- FIR report (if applicable)
Premium Chart of Young India Digi Health Policy
To help you better understand the sum insured options and their corresponding premiums based on age and location, we have provided a sample premium chart below.
- Zone 1: includes the major cities of India, such as Mumbai, New Delhi, Mumbai Suburdan, Thane, Navi Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, and Surat.
- Zone 2: Rest of India
Premium Chart of Young India Digi Health Policy ( Zone 1)
Below provided is a annual premium chart on an individual coverage basis for Zone 1
Sum Insured: ₹ 4 Lakh
Sum Insured: ₹ 8 Lakh
3 – 17 months
31- 35 years
36 -40 years
46- 50 years
51- 55 years
56 – 60 years
61- 65 years
66 years and above
To check out the premium chart for Zone 2, refer to the policy prospectus.