HDFC ERGO Self Help (Explained)
HDFC ERGO’s Self Help platform enables existing HDFC ERGO policyholders to easily manage their insurance policies online. They can access a variety of insurance related services such as claim submission, claim tracking, complaint handling, transfer of policies, and much more.
In this article, we will talk about the following:
- Overview of HDFC ERGO Self Help Portal
- Guide to using HDFC ERGO Self Help Portal
- Features of HDFC ERGO Self Help Portal
Overview of HDFC ERGO Self Help Portal
HDFC ERGO Self Help is an online platform provided by HDFC ERGO General Insurance for its customers. This Self Help portal intends to increases the convenience of HDFC ERGO policyholders. This online platform offers a wide range of self service features and tools that enable policyholders to manage their HDFC ERGO insurance policies online without having to go the branch or contacting the company’s customer care.
With HDFC ERGO Self Help, policyholders can do a variety of tasks such as renewing their policies, filing claims, tracking claims, downloading policy documents, grievance redressal, updating KYC and more.
Guide to using HDFC ERGO Self Help Portal
Steps that existing HDFC ERGO policyholders need to follow in order to use the Self Help portal:
- Step 1: Go to the official website of HDFC ERGO, i.e., https://www.hdfcergo.com/, and click on the “Self Help tab.” You can also directly visit the portal by clicking on this official link: https://self-help.hdfcergo.com/SelfHelp/.
- Step 2: Enter your policy number, registered mobile number, and email address to log into your profile.
- Step 3: Once logged in, You will see an overview of your policies and their details. Explore the interface and get acquainted with the different services and features provided on the Self Help portal.
- Step 4: Once you’ve acquainted yourself with the plethora of features and services on this platform, you can manage your policies at the comfort of your home.
Features of HDFC ERGO Self Help
Below are some features available on the Self Help portal:
- Transfer of Motor Policy: Policyholders can now easily transfer their motor insurance policies to the new owner of the vehicle through HDFC ERGO’s Self Help platform, making the process simple and hassle-free. This feature eliminates the need to physically visit a branch office or engage in lengthy paperwork, allowing policyholders to complete the transfer process efficiently.
- Policy Renewal: Policyholders can renew their policies by making the premium payments online through the Self Help portal. The platform is secure and uses advanced technology to ensure that customer data is protected at all times.
- Submit and Track Claims: You can directly file a claim via the Self Help portal. To do so, click on the “Claims” tab. Follow the instructions and submit all the documents thoroughly. Policyholders can also track the status of their claim through this portal.
- Downloading Policy Documents: You can download all policy-related documents, such as policy copies, health cards, tax certificates, etc., from HDFC ERGO’s Self Help portal.
- Cancellation of Policy: If the policyholder wishes to cancel their policy for any reason with the company, they can do so directly on the portal. Click on ” Policy Cancellation Request”, enter the policy details, and initiate the request. You can also keep track of policy cancellation status on the portal.
- e-KYC: You can register your identification proofs, such as your Aadhaar card, PAN card, and driver’s licence, with HDFC ERGO through the Self Help portal. This feature not only saves your time but also eliminates the hassle of visiting the branch of the insurer.
- Customer Support: This Self Help portal provided by HDFC ERGO offers 24/7 customer support to its policyholder’s via email, phone, and also a live chat feature.
- Feedback and Complaints: Policyholders can also provide feedback about their experience with HDFC ERGO through this portal. In case of any dissatisfaction on the policyholder’s end, they can register a complaint with the company.