How to use the HDFC ERGO Premium Calculator (Guide)
The HDFC ERGO premium calculator will help you calculate the expected premium amount that you will need to pay to get an insurance coverage from HDFC ERGO. No more guess work, find out the exact amount you would need to pay to get an insurance policy.
You can calculate your premium amount by following the below mentioned steps.
Steps to use the HDFC ERGO Premium Calculator
Step 1.) Visit HDFC ERGO Premium Calculator Page
- Visit the HDFC ERGO premium calculator page
- Navigate to the “Calculate My Health Insurance Premium” link at the bottom of the page and click on it.
- Clicking on the link will now take you to the HDFC ERGO Premium Calculator tool. This is where you will need to enter your details.
You can also access the HDFC ERGO Optima Restore premium calculator tool directly if you want to calculate the premium for your Optima Restore policy.
Step 2.) Enter Your Details
You will need to enter the following details accurately:
- Select your plan type (Single or family floater)
- Date of birth of self, spouse, children
- Mobile number
- Email ID
Please click on the “Calculate Premium” premium button to get the estimated premium rates for your policy.
Step 3.) Additional Details
The company will ask for certain additional details like the following:
- Medical history
- Sum assured
- Whether anyone in the family has a pre-existing condition
- Optional riders
- Policy type
Kindly enter the requested information truthfully and accurately. Post this, you will get a price quote from the company for the policy type that you have selected.
Features and Benefits of HDFC Premium Calculator
- Easy to use: The HDFC ERGO premium calculator is intutive and easy to use, policyholders and prospective policyholders can use it without any difficulty. Further, you don’t need to consult an agent as well, you can find out what the premium is directly through the tool.
- Ensures clarity: If an agent has quoted you a particular premium amount, you can cross-verify this amount with the company directly by using the HDFC ERGO premium calculator tool. This leads to transparency and trust.
- Accurate: The premium calculator tool is up to date and accurately depicts the premium rate expected based on the chosen policy and ancillary information added by the user.
How is the Rate of Premium Determined?
The rate of premium is determined based on the information added by the user. The determinants of the rate of premium are:
- Age of the user
- Type of policy
- Existing health condition of the user
- Whether the person is suffering from a pre-existing condition (this will increase the premium)
- Smoking and drinking habits
- Location of the person
- Amount of coverage opted for