What makes Surfshark VPN a Perfect Choice for Indians
With over a 300% increase in cyberattacks in India, surfing the web is becoming riskier day by day. According to a report by Norton, over 60% of Indians have fallen victim to cybercrime. These stats are alarming, and every Indian internet user should be cognizant of them. Now that we are aware of the threat we face, what can we do to mitigate this threat?
There are two measures that every internet user should take to ensure their online safety. They are using a high-quality antivirus, and the other is using a reliable VPN provider. Let us talk about the VPN aspect in this article and how Surfshark VPN can help you maintain anonymity and security online. Think of it like taking out an insurance policy for your digital self!
This article will talk about the following:
- What is Surfshark VPN
- Benefits of using Surfshark VPN
- Why Indians need to take their cybersecurity seriously
- Some Surfshark Customer Reviews
InsuranceLiya.com is Featured in leading news publications like:
The Week | Mid-Day | The Pioneer | APN News
What is Surfshark VPN?
SurfShark VPN is a cybersecurity firm offering a variety of cybersecurity products, but their flagship product is Surfshark VPN, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) that ensures anonymity, privacy, and security of its users.
Users can surf the web without the threat of leaking their IP address online and making their data available to nefarious agents on the web.
Users can access the web through thousands of Surfshark IP addresses covered across 3200+ servers worldwide, ensuring complete anonymity online. They do not need to show their own IP address to anyone.
Benefits of using Surfshark
Let us talk about some of the most important benefits of using a VPN like Surfshark, and how you can leverage this technology to increase your digital safety.
- Anonymously Surf the Web: Your IP address is the equivalent of your fingerprint. Using a reliable VPN provider like Surfshark will ensure that your online fingerprint is not accessed by anyone.
- Protects your Data: Using a reliable VPN will ensure that you access the open web with strong encryption technologies (AES 256 GCM Encryption). This essentially means that nefarious agents do not get access to your private data like Email IDs, Passwords, Credit Card details, and more. Say goodbye to Phishing!
- Blocks Malware: Surfshark’s adblocker blocks annoying pop-up ads that spoils user experience. Further, blocking pop-ups also leads to safer browsing as it minimizes malware risks.
- Email Protection: If you bundle Surfshark VPN with Surfshark Alert, you can increase the security of your Email Accounts, and the data within it.
- No Logs: Surfshark also maintains a No Logs policy like certain other VPN providers like VyprVPN.
- Access Censored Information: Access censored as well as Geo-specific content and information easily by selecting that country’s IP address.
- Safe and Secure IPTV Access: Accessing IPTV content with a reliable and fast VPN will lead to an anonymous, secure, and fast viewing experience. IPTV content includes live sports, television programs, news, and more.
It’s an Award Winning VPN Provider
Surfshark is an award winning VPN provider. Let us have a look at some of their awards and accreditation:
- “VPN Solution of the Year” – 6th annual CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards
- “Best Value VPN 2022” – CNET Editor’s Choice
- Cybersecurity Excellence Award Gold 2021
- Most popular VPN service 2022 – CanalTech
- PCWorld Verified Product 2022
Why Indian’s need to take their cybersecurity seriously?
Let us now talk about why Indian internet users need to take their cybersecurity very seriously. Mentioned within are some alarming stats that every Indian internet user should take note of.
- According to a Kaspersky Report, over 45% of Indian internet users were attacked in 2020 alone
- There was a 300% increase in cybercrimes in India in 2020 (1,158,208 cyberattacks)
- India is the second most vulnerable and targeted nation for Ransomware attacks in Asia-Pacific
- Remote working has increased the risk of social engineering attacks, phishing, and pretexting
Using a VPN provider like Surfshark can mitigate or even eliminate most of these risks.
Additional Features of Surfshark
There are some additional features and benefits of Surfshark, they are:
- Two-factor authentication to increase security
- RAM only servers increase the speed of their VPN
- Blazing fast and secure protocols (OpenVPN UDP / TCP, WireGuard, IKEv2/IPsec)
- AES 256 GCM data encryption
- IP Rotator and Bypasser for additional security
- 24/7 customer support (including Live Chat)
- Ability to connect multiple devices using a single VPN account
- 30-day money-back guarantee
Some Notable Customer Reviews
Existing customers seem to be talking highly of SurfShark’s customer support. Let us have a look at some of their customer reviews.
Note: Reviews are taken from Trust Pilot.
Disclosure: InsuranceLiya.com may receive remuneration on certain products mentioned on this page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Surfshark offers a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.
Yes, the company offers a 7 day trial for Android, OS, and Mac users.
Yes, Indian users can pay for their Surfshark subscription using UPI.