Health Department of Haryana (Schemes & List of Hospitals)
Health Department of Haryana plays a vital role in safeguarding the well-being and health of the public in the state of Haryana. Its main purpose is to provide access to high quality healthcare services and improve the healthcare infrastructure within the state of Haryana. In this article, we will talk about the following:
Table of Contents:
- About Health Department of Haryana
- Functions of Health Department Haryana
- Schemes provided by Health Department of Haryana
- List of Hospitals
About Health Department of Haryana
- The Health Department of Haryana is responsible for overseeing and promoting public health within the state. The main goal of health department of any state is to ensure the well-being of the people by implementing and managing various healthcare programmes and initiatives.
- Their role is to provide leadership and administrative oversight to ensure the smooth functioning of the Civil Hospitals.
- The Health Department of Haryana is headed by the Director General, Health Services, and further assisted by One Additional Director General, Seven Directors, One Joint Director (Administration), and Deputy Directors at the Head Office.
- The district’s health services are taken care of by the Civil Surgeon, who serves as the head of health services. The Civil Hospitals within the district are headed by principal medical officers, medical superintendents, or Senior Medical Officers.
Functions of Health Department Haryana
Below are some key functions that a health department may overlook:
- Disease Control and Prevention: Health departments in India are responsible for developing strategies to prevent the spread of diseases and control outbreaks. This includes monitoring and implementing vaccination campaigns, health awareness programmes in response to infectious diseases like COVID-19, etc.
- Healthcare Infrastructure: Another major role is maintaining state hospitals, clinics, medical facilities, vaccination centers, etc. This is done in order to provide accessible, high quality healthcare facilities for the people residing in the state.
- Health Regulations: It plays a vital role in establishing health policies, mandates, and guidelines within the state. The health department establishes standards for healthcare providers. It enforces regulations related to food safety and hygiene. It also ensures compliance with public health laws.
- Public Health Initiatives: It is the responsibility of state health departments to organise and implement public health initiatives pertaining to health issues within the state. These initiatives include maternity care, family planning, child programmes, etc. It also includes programmes like STD prevention, nutrition programmes, and more.
- Emergency Response: It is responsible for preparing well in advance in case of any health emergencies, outbreaks, or disasters. It manages emergency medical services, emergency response procedures for a timely and effective response during crises.
Schemes/ Programmes by the Health Department of Haryana
Below are a few health programmes and schemes by the Health Department of Haryana:
Family Welfare Programme
The objective of this programme is to stabilise the population at a level consistent with the requirements of the national economy. Dedicated efforts are made to ensure effective family planning.
- Avoid unwanted pregnancies.
- To stabilise the population.
- To encourage the use of contraceptives.
National Viral Hepatitis Control Program (NVHCP)
The State of Haryana has introduced its own Hepatitis programme at PGIM Rohtak in 2013. This programme aims to provide effective treatment and diagnostic facilities like ultrasound, fibroscan, etc to the people of Haryana.
- Aims to fight hepatitis and achieve the elimination of Hepatitis C by 2030.
- To provide quality healthcare to people suffering from liver cancer.
- To provide early diagnosis and management of viral hepatitis.
Haryana State Mental Health Authority Programme
This scheme aims to provide mental, emotional, and medical support to persons suffering from mental disorders.
- Improved mental health services.
- To encourage mental health awareness.
- Development and implementation of mental health policies.
HIV/AIDS Health Programme
The main purpose of this programme is to spread awareness, eradicate the spread of HIV, and also provide healthcare to people suffering from the illness.
- To initiate Awareness and Education.
- To provide adequate healthcare to persons suffering from HIV.
- To provide counselling and testing facilities.
Integrated Disease Surveillance Project (IDSP)
This is a nationwide disease surveillance system in India, aimed at early detection and monitoring of diseases to enable efficient policy regulations.
- To establish well equipped public health laboratories.
- To provide early warning in the event of occurrence of new diseases.
National Programme for the Health Care of the Elderly (NPHCE)
This programme aims to provide affordable, high quality, long term health services to the elderly population within the state of Haryana.
- To encourage the concept of healthy and active ageing.
- To provide high quality healthcare to the ageing population.
National Programme for Control Of Blindness and Visual Impairement (NPCB and VI)
This is another public scheme by the state of Haryana to promote awareness about eye illnesses and other eye-related disorders.
- Aims to reduce the backlog of blindness.
- To encourage awareness about eye care and preventive measures.
- To increase research for the prevention of blindness and visual impairment.
List of Hospitals
Below given is the list of Civil hospitals:
Name of Hospital
CH Haily Mandi
Gurugram (Sector 10)
DCH Ambala City
SDCH Ambala Cantt
TB Hospital Hissar
Community Health Centers
Below given is the list of community centers in Haryana: